Notice of traffic restrictions in the centre of Opočno on 3.12.2022 in NEWS!
2nd floor of the castle
The newly opened second floor of the castle, which will be accessible from 2022, represents the life of the Colloredo-Mannsfeld family at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. The tour includes a visit to the private rooms of the siblings of Prince Joseph II. C-M - sisters Johanna, Maria Theresa, Ernestina Caroline, Ida Margaret and brother Jerome. You will have a look into the maid's room and move through the arcades to the rooms of Prince Joseph's four nephews whom, as a childless man, the Prince adopted. This tour includes a visit to the family museum, which includes, among other things, a collection of objects imported by Joseph II. C-M from North America in 1904-1906, as well as the Knights and Hunters Hall, which houses one of the largest collections of weapons in Czech castles.
New sightseeing circuit opened in 2022!
In this part of the exhibition you will see: historical interiors - Ernestine Caroline's room, the Trauttmansdorf suite (bathroom, dressing room, bedroom), the Mantua room, the Schönburg-Hartenstein suite, the maid's rooms, the governess's room, the maid's room, the rooms of the Prince's nephews, the classroom, the family museum, the knight and hunting hall
BOOK YOUR TICKETS: email@example.com
Warning: Register your group and buy the tickets at the tickets office at least 15 minutes before the agreed time of your seeing beginning. If you do not do that, we cannot reserve the entrance to the castle for you.
Seeing the castle is not possible without our guide.
Interpretation in Czech only, foreign language printed text available at the ticket office
Knights' and Hunters' Hall - as a separate tour you can see only:
1) on pre-announced dates (the so-called "Armoury Tours with Extended Interpretation" or "In the Opočno Armoury Behind the Strings"), with extended interpretation by the custodian of the depository and double the duration of the tour (approximately 45 minutes). Price - see the second table of the price list on the right. Tour capacity 10 persons. Interpretation in Czech only. Tickets can be purchased online or in advance at the castle ticket office!
Dates for 2022 can be found in our CULTURAL CALENDAR.
2) as part of an exclusive tour "Morning in the Opočno Armoury", guided by the custodian of the depository. Duration of the tour: approx. 2.5 hours. Price list and further information here.
|1. 11.-31. 12.||closed|
Interpretation in Czech
- Kategorie Cena
- Adults 25 - 64 years old 200 CZK
- Seniors 65+ years old 160 CZK
- Youth 18 - 24 years years old 160 CZK
- Holders of ZTP and ZTP/P identification cards 160 CZK
- Children 6 - 17 years old 80 CZK
- Children 0- 5 years old Free admission
- Individuals accompanying disabled people (with a ZTP/P card) Free admission
- Individuals accompanying school groups of 15 students Free admission
- Tour guides accompanying tour groups of 15 people* Free admission
- Admission with single-entry tickets issued by the NPÚ Free admission
- Admission with yearly passes issued by the NPÚ Free admission
- Holders of NPÚ employee cards (+ up to 3 family members) Free admission
- Holders of "Náš člověk" ("Our person") cards * Free admission
- Journalists with appropriate press credentials * Free admission
- * Valid only for cardholders
The tour of the first floor of the chateau begins with a visit to the African collections from the travels (from the period 1901-1902) of the then owner of the chateau, Prince Joseph II. Colloredo-Mannsfeld. This is followed by a tour of the private rooms of the Prince and his wives - Lucy Yvonne and Maria Sidonie de Smit, the rooms of Joseph's...
this tour is not available today
Interpretation in Czech (full admission) Buy ticket
duration 55 minutes
max. 25 people
reservation needed for groups only